CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Pequonnock Bridgeport 6/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Pequonnock Bridgeport 6/19 Reply with quote

Headed back down to the Pequonnock River at Beardsley Park in search for channel cats. Got there just after 5:15pm with my medium power 6 footer. Bait was the chicken I used last time but decided t marinate it with garlic, oil, and herbs and spices for 2 nights in the fridge.

Fished til the Park Police started telling everybody the park was closing, which was around 8pm.

The only form of life I landed was a painter turtle. I had a number of trout-like hits where it would be anywhere from 2 to 4 quick aggressive hits. Reel in the bait a tiny bit and feel the fish pick it back up once before it left.

Same fisherman as last time was there with his hot dog meat and only landed a painter turtle and snapping turtle. He had a fish on once.

Once it was time to leave the park I hit the lower tidal area at Glenwood. Fished it til 8:45pm and caught a 12" rainbow and 4 baby stripers all with an olive green muddler X-Rap XR-6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: