CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Batterson 6/19
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Batterson 6/19 Reply with quote

Got on the water around 8:15 and started trolling a rapala SSR7 in perch color around the east shore. Hooked up on my first fish around 8:45 which turned out to be my first Walleye of the year although it was only around 14 inches. About 5 minutes later I hooked up again into what ended up being my second Walleye of the year. But yet again it was only around 14 inches :/ Things got quiet for a while until around 9:30 when I hooked into a nice sized white perch. It actually put up a better fight than either of the Walleye. Then the last fish of the night came around 10. Another good sized white perch. After that things got really quiet so I got off the water at 10:45.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSR-7 in Perch pattern has been my #1 go-to freshwater lure for years. It has caught me tons of largemouths, pickerel, crappie, yellow perch, and a number of smallmouths and white perch. Even landed my PB 8 pound 1 ounce largemouth with it.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only used it to catch walleye although I did get a 3 pound large mouth on it last year while trolling. My go to lure for large mouth is the F9 in silver. Have gotten countless fish on it over the years.
avidangler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going bowhunter095!I stopped by there early today to show a friend how to get there.
I was talking with an older gentleman and his buddy that were leaving.
He said that before the sun comes up till around 8-9 am and 6ish till 10pm are when the walleye have seem to be most active.
I may give it a go this weekend if i don't head for the shore.
I'm thinking a piece of crawler on a glow-jig or trying my Brad's wiggle wort in glow white and green,rattles (E-chip) on the diving nose.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only been there at night, never in the morning. But I could tell you that all the Walleye I have caught have come at sunset or within the hour after it. They have also come out of the same spot within a few feet of each other. I've been wanting to use this night crawler harness that I have but can never get myself to cut the SSR7 off my line since I know it works well. Good luck if you go and be sure to write a report!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: