CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Long Sand Shoal?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riverrat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Long Sand Shoal? Reply with quote

Hiya people-who-are-smarter-than-me!

I've been fishing for many years in the CT river, and have quite a bit of experience fishing the race on a friend's boat, but this summer I'll be trying my hand at long sand shoal in my own boat and I'm pretty clueless...

I just picked up my new boat, a 24ft tri-toon with a 200hp outboard, and I figured this would be plenty to try my luck outside the mouth of the river. The boat is docked in S. Glastonbury, but I have no problem making the trip to the shore.

When fishing the race, I've pretty much exclusively jigged a 3-way rig with small jigs and pork rind trailers. It's been pretty successful, but I just have no idea how to drift the shoal.

I'm thinking of sticking with drifting the 3 way rig with live eels or live bunker (if I can snag 'em!). Also, tips for tides, drift patterns, or other rigs / lures would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: