CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Hedgehog (Meadow) Pond 05/08
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Hedgehog (Meadow) Pond 05/08 Reply with quote

Wanted to do some quick fishing before the B's game tonight, so I called poster AustinB at 5:30, who said he was heading to Hedgehog with a buddy, AKA Meadow Pond. It's a fun bigger pond in the area, where my PB LM is from at 5.1 lbs (caught about 7-8 years ago, still looking to beat it!). It's not far from my house, so I said sure, grabbed my stuff and headed out there.

Weather was cloudy with intermittent rain. Water level about average surprisingly.

The bass are surely active there. I fished around with a spinnerbait for around 30-45 minutes and ended up catching 3 LM's, the largest being a keep at 17"

AustinB and his friend were using Stanley Ribbit Frog's and Carolina rigs. Left around 6:45 to get home for puck drop. I'll let Austin continue if they ended getting more.

Didn't get any pictures of the fish while it was raining, but before I left I took some pictures of the beds, which were everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ended up catching some live frogs and the bass went crazy for them. Got several largemouths from 12-18 inches until i left. I would post some pictures but I don't know how.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustinB wrote:
ended up catching some live frogs and the bass went crazy for them. Got several largemouths from 12-18 inches until i left. I would post some pictures but I don't know how.

Yeap, the frogs are easy to catch at Spring Pond, too. I tossed one into a pool where I thought a largemouth bass might be holding, but the lucky little bugger swam off unscathed.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hell of a time trying to catch those little buggers, but it pays off once theyre on the hook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mark and Austin. I had to drop my daughter off at a friend's house, yesterday, so I drove up to Simsbury and checked out Meadow Pond (aka Hedgehog Pond). I ended up shore fishing it for an hour. Except for one spot that looks like it would be a nice channel for launching a small boat onto the pond Wink, the walkable shore of the pond is totally covered with shallow lily pads that extend 40 to 60 feet toward the center. I caught a few small largemouth bass with a wacky Senko tossed through small openings in the pads on the shore side. I didn't get even a swipe at a Zoom Horny Toad dragged over them. I was there from about 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm, so the west shore was completely shaded by the woods on that side. If I were a decent size largemouth bass, that's where I'd be. . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: