CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Lillinonah pike file fishing tips?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jpconway11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Lillinonah pike file fishing tips? Reply with quote

Looking to do some pike fishing out on lilli. Never really fished for pike and hoping to get a few pointers before I go out. Thanks
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rvolkers would be the one to contact. My personal experience would be flashy red spinner baits and if the weather and water are hot "Top Water." I've also caught a few as I was reeling in small fish. They'll just come up and snatch them. Starts out with a little tug then your rod and reel are almost in the water as your holding on for dear life.

I have a Bone Spook hanging on my wall with teeth marks from a pike that tried to snatch a bass I caught in the Shepaug Bay area. Totally destroyed my Spook!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive brought my boat there for the past 3-4 years now and im always fishing every time. Ive only had three pike, one was intentional on a brown spinnerbait up the shepaug, but the other two hit small rockbass. I estimate the two were somewhere between 30-36 inches but we never saw them cause they spit below the boat.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthEastFisherman wrote:
the other two hit small rockbass.

Um, big swimbait, anyone? I'd start with a big Sebile Magic Swimmer. And a wire leader. They're expensive! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: