CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Winchester 6/23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Winchester 6/23 Reply with quote

Today i arrived at Winchester around 2:30pm.
It was pretty warm and i petaled straight for the shade on the edges and headed for the back cove. I finally made it there and was on a mission.
I planned on throwing. and trolling only 1 lure.It was my new replacement for the one i lost catching walleye at Batterson park.What else could this lure catch?
After a couple of casts.

I worked around the far left cove casting around the lilly pads and stumps .
I started trolling out of the cove and out into the stump fields.
I picked up a crappie

Then a few rock bass

I headed back towards the big cove by the launch and picked-up a pickrel.
Had to take a picture of this.Which is bigger?

I lost a yellow by the side that had to be 2-3 inches.I couldn't believe it.
I worked around the cove and hooked into a 3 plus pounder bass finally.It made a jump to say NO..NOT TODAY ..and sent my lure flying back at me.
Would have been nice to get that bass but,that will be another day i guess.
I reeled in and called it a day.Pike.perch.rock bass.crappie.pickrel and almost a bass that would have rounded out the day had i landed it.

Lure of the day...Rapala SCRM-11 FIRETIGER

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed that you didn't lose the Rapala while trolling it through the stumps! Laughing You have to love the variety of fish in there.

Winchester Lake has very clear water. On a sunny day, all of the largemouth bass are under cover, whether shallow under vegetation or deep next to stumps. I once hooked into a 36 inch long northern pike while trolling a square bill crankbait down what I thought was the main channel in the center of the lake, but that was on a totally overcast, drizzly day.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at your pictures… I think I caught a pike yesterday and didn’t realize it, because there shouldn’t be any pike where I was fishing lol… I wish I had taken a picture! I remember thinking “wow this pickerel is a lot darker than I’m used to seeing” right before I tossed it back. Damn.

Still searching for some toothy critters big enough to be worth weighing...
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just goes to show how Rapala always comes out with a brand new very productive lure every year
x182dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

therieldeal wrote:
After looking at your pictures… I think I caught a pike yesterday and didn’t realize it, because there shouldn’t be any pike where I was fishing lol… I wish I had taken a picture! I remember thinking “wow this pickerel is a lot darker than I’m used to seeing” right before I tossed it back. Damn.

Yes I see Pike in some of those pictures! I have caught the same size pike in winchester ice fishing this year. I swear Phil has caught the only full size one!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: