CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Kayak recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimplyG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Kayak recommendations Reply with quote

Gonna be buying a kayak shortly and could use some opinions or recommendations.

I'm 5'7" 275lbs.
Looking for a SOT.

Currently looking at Perception Sport Pescador 12, and Pelican Premium Strike 120x 12'. Angler editions of both.

My price cap is $600.

Thanks all.
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you considered a used kayak. I sold my old sit in and looked for a used Ocean Kayak Trident 13 found a few in my price range. Ended up getting one for 625.00 that came with a 175.00 GTS seat, Scotty triple mount rod holder with, with two rod holder. The only thing was I had to take a drive to get it. The Ocean Kayak is nice because is has the rod pod for rod storage in the center of the kayak, and a place to mount a sonar and a scupper hole made for a Hummingbird transducer. If not take a look at the Future Beach 160 angler at Ocean State Job lot for 400.00 nice boat just a little heavy and you would need to buy a seat as it only comes with a back rest. I bought one for my son and talked my neighbor into buying one. They also have J mounts for 50.00. They have two kinds there one is Thunder bay (don't but that one) the other one is Swiss Cargo and another brand name that is that exact same as the Swiss Cargo, buy that one. Good luck and let me know what you get. Oh year that had paddles for $20.00 not bad to start with .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: