CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Seymour (Oxford) Res #1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Seymour (Oxford) Res #1 Reply with quote

I headed to the Seymour Reservoirs at 5pm today with the intention of hitting the 2nd one. You have to walk by the first to get to the second though so that's where I ended up doing most of my fishing. I used a Zoom Horny Toad and a Jig. I got a hit pretty early on with the horny toad but missed the hook set. Then a while later I got a hit on the jig right in front of the rock structure in the water, not sure what it is. Over the next hour I lost the Horny Toad, the jig, and a senko setup all on trees in the water. I had gotten a couple more hits on the toad and then I finally hooked up with one. It was a nice 1.5-2lber. Maybe 20 minutes, and another lost senko later, I hooked up with a nice fish that shot out from under a tree in the water to smash the horny toad. I was on the phone with my buddy so I said "I gotta call you back" and ended up having to wade into the water to get the fish which had wrapped up around a stick. Turned out to be a decent 2.25 lber.

I got up to the second res for maybe 20 minutes and got nothing but a bee sting. Though the day had its ups and downs, it was nice to catch a couple quality fish.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad bro!
MANIMAL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems as if you're luck is changin!!!
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MANIMAL wrote:

Well, except for the three lures lost to trees and the bee sting. . . . Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
MANIMAL wrote:

Well, except for the three lures lost to trees and the bee sting. . . . Laughing

Haha yeah other than that.. Oh well, I never really mind losing tackle if I catch fish. It's just an excuse to justify a trip to Dick's or Cabelas..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbehuniak09,,the slow times happens to all of us,,,thats what makes us spend lots of money,,and want it more,,lol,,,Guys,, I mean fishing,,LOL
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
sbehuniak09,,the slow times happens to all of us,,,thats what makes us spend lots of money,,and want it more,,lol,,,Guys,, I mean fishing,,LOL

I've had plenty of those times where I have a few good days but then as I keep on putting in the time nothing happens for a while.

Nice job Stephan!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: