CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Smallie Spots?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FishermanTy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Smallie Spots? Reply with quote

anyone know of good smallie spots near Seymour?
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naugatuck River

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Naugy is good you should catch a bunch. Not huge ones but still theres a bunch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that you said "near Seymour", but I saw this, yesterday:
Quote:
CT Kayak Fishing Club
Smallmouth fishing in the Connecticut River is hot. If you like Smallmouth bass fishing head to the river on Enfield via the Kings Island boat launch. The Suffield side of the river and south around the islands is hot right now. The river has receded and the fish are hungry. Went today and caught a bunch on swim baits and wacky rigged worms

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you launch our boats outa Kings Island? I live near Seymour and can take a non boater.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive caught a couple in the naugy theres a trout park down the road from tobys pond nice stretch of the river
Mase2020

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can launch small boats from Kings Island as long as the water is not very low. The area around the launch is shallow as is the area along the west side of the river. Unless you know the area well I would not venture out there in nothing more than a small boat, canoe or kayak.

That being said the area is great for kayak fishing as you don't have to worry about too many motor boats. The area is rocky and great for Smallmouth fishing. You have to hit it when the water level is right, too low and the fish are much deeper. Too high and the current will just move you off your spot. Also north from the launch the current is not as strong, but you can only go as far north as some islands that used carry a bridge across the river. You can only go about 3/4 of the way south along Kings Island and the current picks up and you will not be able to paddle back. Do not go to the west set of Kings Island as the current is strong and you will not be able to paddle back. Also very shallow and rocky on that side. I will not go to the river in that area if the CFS is over 30,000. I prefer 10,000 to 20,000.

Hope this helps, this is what I learned in the short three years I have fished there. Learned a lot from my neighbors who have fished there a lot before me. May be headed out there tomorrow around 3:30 PM if anyone wants me to show them the area. Let me know by the way I went on Monday for three hours and caught about 30 smallies. My neighbor went the next day with his son and they caught about 30 together.
sbehuniak09

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ty, just go under the falls in Seymour if you want to catch smallmouth. Only caught up to 2 lbers, but on a good day, I've caught over 50 in a couple hours. The fish down there fight real hard too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost forgot about Seymour Reservoir 4. I paddled it for the first time ever this year on 05/28:

Here's a three pounder:

And here's a 2-3/4 pounder:

fishface (aka Tim) paddled it a week after I did, and caught smallies on his first and third casts with a wacky Senko, I think. The parking lot is directly across the street from 357 Chestnut Tree Hill Road in Oxford, near the intersection with Krystalle Lane.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I almost forgot about Seymour Reservoir 4. I paddled it for the first time ever this year on 05/28:

Here's a three pounder:

fishface (aka Tim) paddled it a week after I did, and caught smallies on his first and third casts with a wacky Senko, I think. The parking lot is directly across the street from 357 Chestnut Tree Hill Road in Oxford, near the intersection with Krystalle Lane.

I was wondering why I don’t see the photos that everyone post's. Hence, I don’t see a 2-3/4 or a 3 pounder fish picture. Any ideas folks?
LMB, 21.5" @ 6.3 lbs. (Mounted)
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrbanRedneck wrote:
PECo wrote:

Here's a three pounder:

I was wondering why I don’t see the photos that everyone post's. Hence, I don’t see a 2-3/4 or a 3 pounder fish picture. Any ideas folks?

Your device's security system might be what's blocking them, unless you don't have the right software for viewing pics online.
FishermanTy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow peco nice smallies man! ive fished here before never knew there were smallies at this res wish i had a yak >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: