CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Gardner Lake 6/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAP284

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Gardner Lake 6/29 Reply with quote

So I had some time, and wanted to hit Gardner Lake again. I had been there once last year and got skunked, so I figured I wanted payback. I like fishing early, although no one I know does...but I got my girlfriend to come and I launched by 5:30am - there was 1 boat on the water and an empty launch

It was in the lower 70's, with a slight breeze and a bit of fog. The water temps went from 74-76...I had 2 spots that I wanted to try out. The first was west of the launch. I used a Gitzit 4" green tube with a bullet head weight and starting dropping them in between the weeds. Within the first 15 minutes I landed my first fish which was a 13" LMB. 10 minutes later, another small 12" LMB. After about an hour and a half or so we headed North of the launch to another little inlet that has pads. I tied on a Orange Stanley Ribbit frog, with a spring hook and started casting. On my first cast, my frog got smashed...I tried setting the hook but it seemed to have gotten away. After getting my bait back to me, I see this...

So I guess it could have been a Largemouth, Pickerel, or possibly even a Walleye? Anyways, I spent another hour getting a bunch of topwater hits but wasn't able to get any hookups. I paused between the hits for a few seconds but still had no luck. They seemed to be just tapping them and running away..

Went back to the previous spot we were before and spent another hour or so. My girlfriend ended up landing the lunker LMB which was 16". She was using the same tube that I was using before. 16" is considered the "keeper" size bass there so technically it was the only "keeper" of the day lol.

On a side note: I used some EWG Lazer Trokar worm hooks today, and I was actually impressed. Not only are they sharp as hell, i didn't get any bends or any lost hooksets while using the tubes. I still like Gamakatsu hooks the best, but I didn't mind the Trokars.

Got off the water about 10:30ish. Felt great to get out, even if it was for a little bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: