CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Skunked for months
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevius86

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Skunked for months Reply with quote

Fellas and ladies, I've been getting skunked for a couple months I feel. I don't know what the issue is (no boat, weather, busy, etc). Just super frustrated. I haven't been out a whole lot due to work but still.
hoppy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To consistently catch fish you really need a boat. If a boat is not in the cards get a yak or float tube. You need to be able to get to the fish and shore fishing often keeps you fishing a spot that on any day could be dead water. hence the lack of success. In my opinion shore fishing will only allow you to go so far in your attempt to get better. You have to get on the water. I can count on one hand the number of times of been totally skunked in the last few years. It rarely doesn't happen.....why? because I can go where the fish are or atleast have the opportunity to find them.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True,er words have never been spoken especially this time of year with the weather being so shitty. Pretty much anyone fishing from shore deals with this and it sucks but probably like you most of us dont have the option of a boat. Maybe I could swing a Yak with my bad back but I fish salt water only and not to sure I really want to yak the salt because I know Im not smart enough to head warnings about not going out when waters are risky! Its the reason I got rid of my motorcycle as I will kill myself!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that much better with a boat, though my friend just sent me a pic from Block yesterday, where they had stripers stacked like cord wood.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Stevius86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I need some sort of floatations vessel. Just frustrating. I guess I need to get back to fly fishing lol
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the excact opposite... I've been surfcasting and fishing from shore my whole life and I find it easier to catch fish from shore than on a boat.

The whole deal with catching fish on a boat... minus a blitz.... is very new to me and I have alot more experince on the beach than on a boat. Sometimes you gotta travel to find some feeding fish but thats what the game is about. If they ain't in your backyard, and you can travel, then that's what you gota do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a boat, I have been catching more fish from shore recently then on my boat. Been a weird year with all the rain in June. It's been difficult finding the pattern.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: