CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Looking for someone to show me the ropes a bit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Looking for someone to show me the ropes a bit Reply with quote

Over the winter I picked up a 16' trihull boat and I am just finishing up getting the motor tuned up and the boat ready for use. I hope to button it up this weekend and in the next few weeks get it out on the water.

With that said, its been around 12 years since I have been on a boat with any real regularity and am fairly new to fishing beyond occasional trout stream fishing. Would anyone be interested in going out and providing some tips and tricks for fishing from a boat like this? I am in Enfield but was thinking of launching from Hartford.
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a new boater myself this year so I may not be much help, but where you plan on going to? Ct river is somewhat tough especially with river stages still high. Might I suggest something like rainbow reservoir or congamond, both are relatively close, although both can have a good number of pleasure boaters.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
loki008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just interested in learning the river and get some experience in fishing it. Since I dont know it all that well I cant say for sure where. I would say Middletown to Hartford would be the area I am looking to cut my teeth on. When I was in High school I had a small run about that I would use down around Saybrook and Hamburg Cove.
JustinSolak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as navigating the river, remember to follow the buoys. Some areas can be especially shallow. If you can't remember which side of the buoy to stay on, just stay close to em. And look at the shore. Steep banks usually mean channel side. Shallow banks are the opposite. Thats not 100% true all the time, but a general rule of thumb. Depth finder helps.

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: