CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam Lake Bath Water
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Bantam Lake Bath Water Reply with quote

It was "HOT." Water temp averaged 86degs.

On the water at 7am and headed straight for the Lilly Pads left of the launch. Threw Jigs, Creatures and Top Water to no avail. Drifted the west shore for about two hours headed towards Folly Point. Nothing, Notta Nope (EXCept for a couple Rock Bass) Good competitors to their cousins in Twin.

Passed all the rock walls with nothing. Then we hit this dock with a big boat moored. I flip a Whacky Rigged, you guessed it, a Pumpkin Red Flake 5" Senko. First Cast, Second cast, Third Cast Nothing.

Fourth Cast I hit the money spot.

Two hours later I manage a keeper Smallie at 12". That was it all day. The last hour and a half I used a Black/Blue Swim Jig with a blue trailer. Something kept eating the tails off but couldn't hook up. I refuse to give up on the jig. It appears that this bass had a run in with a Pike. Part of it's tail was missing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: