CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Housatonic boat launch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Housatonic boat launch Reply with quote

I know the Devon boat ramp is closed till 2017 according to the DEP site. I think that's nuts but is there any place else to launch? I think Stratford you need a yearly permit. Have not been down there in a lot of years but with all the saltwater reports I gotta get back to the salt water fishing.
durbon885

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Public boat launch in derby across from Home Depot. Caroline street go to end of road will bring you up a hill to the top of the river embankment. It's tight but you follow that and underneath the rt8 bridge is a public boat launch with some parking. I take my boat over there all the time fishing for stripers.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap, the O'Sullivan's Island boat launch ramp in Derby is free, but it can be challenging if the water level is low. Check the tide table before you launch and make sure there'll be enough water to recover your boat when you plan to get back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a daily pass for birdseye ramp in stratford for $30 or yearly for $125
from harborview B&T

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Launch Reply with quote

There is a town launch in Stratford right next to outriggers and brewers marina. It's fine for small boats. No floating docks. What a lot of guys do is launch. Look for a open slip to the left real quick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: