CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: What have you lost?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: What have you lost? Reply with quote

Not too much going on in this section. Thought of a coolish thing to talk about. All of us anglers have lost at least one thing overboard. What was your most expensive thing you've lost in the water or woods? I've lost kayak anchors, a $25 pocket knife, leather man multi tool (retrieved when ice fishing), fishing grippers, sunglasses, crab traps, big fish, and lots more. I guess I have butterfingers. What have you guys lost?
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throughout the years of fishing small ponds and lakes, I have gotten many important lures stuck on tree limbs and marshy brush.

I've also had some times when I'd be casting a heavier lure in the surf and the line snaps.

Pliers and stringer are other items I have lost and left behind.

Other than those, I have lost a number of good fish. A number of nice 3+ pound largemouths, slab crappies, 3+ pound pickerel, bigger stockies, keeper stripers, and 5+ pound blues.
NWDarkcloud

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my mind Im nuts about fishing oh ya and 10,000 sencos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost so many nice Pike the past two years, some monsters. And last year I lost the best lure I ever had. I don't know what it was called because it was literally 15+ years old but it would pull in fish left and right. Can't find it anywhere, but have found similar ones.

And I will add that I lost that lure on a Pike as well. Learned my lesson on thicker flurocarbon.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worst thing ever was a pair of RayBan sunglasses. Retailer for $279 but I could see straight through rocks with these things, best glasses ever. Plus I looked good in them haha. I slipped on some rocks in knee high moving water while trying to answer my phone. Phone stays in the vehicle now...
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this season, a cast net. I thought it was around my wrist. Cheap one that didn't have floating rope. I marked the spot. May try to snag it next time I'm in that area.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have left gear at spots that eventually ended up being stolen, but lost non the less. One year bought a tackle box that I had stocked up with about 250 to 300 bucks of gear and left it by the river in Cromwell. Obviously the box had already disappered by the next morning so that sucked.

In terms of lost fish.... I'd need a whole thread dedicated to that one.. lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic. Only one setup about 8 years ago I lost a nice quantum rod and reel while a buddy's friend was doing donuts with the trolling motor and most recently a 120 dollar pair of native sunglasses
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a Shimano Clarus 7'2" Worm and Jig spinning rod with a Shimano Sahara 2500 FD spinning reel spooled with 50 pound test Power Pro braided line and a LiveTarget Perch crankbait in the taller stumps at Winchester Lake. I really hope that someone has snagged it up and gotten some use out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dozens of senkos, and some pride!!!
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have forgotten some rod and reels, flipped my kayak and lost about 50$ dollars worth of tackle and a nice utility knife.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Gill Fin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a Rapela clank something lure that people like here. On its first and only cast. Last year, on my return to fishin.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gill Fin wrote:
I lost a Rapela clank something lure that people like here. On its first and only cast. Last year, on my return to fishin.

Probably the Clackin Crank
avidangler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Quantum rod and reel bait caster setup.Tackle box full of hooks,leaders and sinkers.2 large Spro swim baits and my phone.2 years ago at the Housy in derby when i flipped my "sink" kayak.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALMOST lost my Abu Garcia rod and reel combo at Batterson one night last year. When I was loading my kayak into my truck I put it on the ground next to the ramp and completely forgot about it! Shocked Got home, noticed it was gone and raced back to the pond. The usual 15 minute ride turned into about 10 minutes. I can't explain how relieved I was to find it untouched.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: