CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Islamorada tarpon fishing in April/May
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Islamorada tarpon fishing in April/May Reply with quote

April and May have been phenomenal months for tarpon fishing in Islamorada. April 2013 was one of the best months for tarpon in a long time. We caught fish almost every trip with exception of only a couple - and had shots at fish on every trip. Most trips we landed 2 or more fish. Our best day we boated 11 tarpon - fantastic! All fishing on fresh mullet, live and dead. The mullet are starting to thin out now as we get more into summer time and crabs will become a preferred bait. The tarpon fishing is still peaking through June, and the summer time can be very good too just not as consistent but a lot less pressure on the fish which is a good thing. Today we caught 3 big tarpon locally around Islamorada all on live mullet. Yesterday we caught 3 as well, and the day before that we had 4. Big numbers being put up and we are seeing more fish now showing up locally as it looks like fish fresh in from the spawn are back to hang out for a while.

Capt. Rick Stanczyk
305-747-6903
rick@seethefloridakeys.net
Shark Fishing Florida Keys

since 1944!
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarpon are so friken cool!! I caught a 30lb one in Puerto Rico on a jig but we didn't have any luck on the jumbos like the ones in your pictures.

The fish in the first pic has gota be close to 200, nice job!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a monster.I was supposed to go but my other 2 buddies backed out.Hence the add in the classifieds to unload the 10-11 weight fly rod.I have a 4,5-6,7-8,two 9's and i guess a 10-11 weight if i can't sell it.I'll make it a pike setup if i have to.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluefish remind me of tarpon for how acrobatic they are and all the head shaking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: