CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood 8/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Candlewood 8/15 Reply with quote

After a couple of months of working our butts off at work I took a couple of Officers fishing for some much needed R&rR.

Hit Latins Launch at 6:30am. Water level was at least three feet lower than normal but launching and loading wasn't that bad. Started fishing the Northern Area of Danbury Bay. Now neither Officer I took with me had fished before so I spent a lot of time un-snagging, tangling and re-hooking.

Started the new guys off with the infamous Whacky Rig. In about twenty minutes the first fish was had in about 12 feet of water. Water temps started at 68degs and by noon had reached 74degs.

The bite stayed steady for about an hour and a half then died. Like a light switch. I landed one on a Top Water Spook about 14 inches. That was the only Spook hook-up other than several blow ups so I switched to Jigs which proved quite productive.

Using the Bitsy Bug with a Green Pumpkin Baby Paca Craw trailer I landed about a dozen over five hours. All in the 12 to 16 inch range.

I'm starting to like the Jig Fishing technique. It produced something every where we stopped. Even after the bite died. I have quite a bit of fine tuning in Jig Fishing to do but it will definitely be part of my arsenal from now on. Next I'm off to deeper waters 20 to 30 foot range where the monsters lay in wait.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also been finding that by 8 to 9am the fish just stop. Not crazy about the lake being down either as it screws me up in a lot of spots, but as always it's still better than a day at work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: