CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: August 17 Bantam Lake Openf Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nories

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookie is in. We have a full field .. See you all there,,Jim
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought! Whats the catch limit and size for this?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 fish largemouth or smallmouth 12 inches does anybody have a good hand held scale??
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nories wrote:
5 fish largemouth or smallmouth 12 inches does anybody have a good hand held scale??

I have a couple of handheld digital scales, if that's what you mean.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nories wrote:

I do. We might be able to supply a regular digital scale. I have to check to see if I can use it. I'll get back to you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a hand held 55lb accu-scale it measures in 100th's of a pound with a hold function that u can use
nories

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys that would be great,,Carl , if you can get your tourny scale that would be better,, if not everybody bring your handhelds..lol,, really I'm not kidding
bdiggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck out there folks. Tough going for us out there last Monday. Lots of heavy weeds to deal with. Doesn't seem the poison has helped at all the past few years. We had one nice pike follow in the middle of North cove, but shoreline fishing was near impossible. May have better luck chasing smallies.
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kip and mark can't make it
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim (aka flippy aka nories) and his girlfriend, Lisa, organized a fun tourney. I'll let Jim report the full results, but Bob (aka NWDarkcloud) and I did not win. Confused Or place. Sad Or get lunker. Crying or Very sad My personal results clearly reflect that I'm a recreational fisherman and not a tournament bass fisherman. I boated at least 17 fish of six different species, including three of these:

Four of these:

Two of these:

At least six of these:

One of these:

And one of these:

Unfortunately, I never had to turn on my livewell, because all of my black bass were shorts. Crying or Very sad I did, however, enjoy a beautiful day of fishing.

Here's the tournament organizer, who was wearing a pair of women's shoes because his Walmart sandals exploded:

Or maybe he was wearing them because he just prefers to wear women's shoes. Laughing Or they matched his thong. Shocked Anyway, thanks, again, Lisa (and you, too, Jim, I guess Wink ) for organizing the tourney.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to meet everyone today and place a face to the CTF Name. Great bunch of guys and gals. Thanks Jim for all the work and effort to organize this event. Looking forward to the next.

Bantam was a rough one today. Fished the docks, Rocks, Lilly Pads, Drop at Folly, Points, Rock Walls ect and only managed 2 11" Bass on a Jig. John managed one on a Whacky Rig. I almost boated a third on a Whacky Rig when I belly hooked it.

Could not locate weeds deeper than two feet. The lake level dropped at least two feet since Monday. The weed killer worked.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See how you look wearing a rhinestone thong..lol..It was a tough day for 80 percent of the field,,I only caught 2 fish,,it happens..anyway the 2 teams that did catch fish..we're impressive..NX882 and Dave took first with 18.76lbs and a 4.21 lunker..WOW...and second Was Bob and Matt with 16.62 lbs Great job !! Carl it was nice. Meeting you and it was great to see everybody..Who's ready for another one??
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks jim & good job running it!!i"m ready for anther one!!!i am open the next 2 saturdays in august!

Last edited by NX 882 BASS on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bassinspector

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Bantam Tough Bite Reply with quote

Thanks Jim again. Mat and I only had about a half dozen bites but they were good ones. We stayed in deeper water mostly but did find two, very shallow under some pads. It was nice meeting everyone.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for another. Just give me a heads up. I still have a few club events this year I'm committed to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: