CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: River Redbreast Fun
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: River Redbreast Fun Reply with quote

After Twin Brooks Park I went to Glenwood Park along the Pequonnock.

First I tried throwing a glass minnow Husky Jerk HJ-6 to see what the baby striper action was like seeing it was right around high tide. Never had a hit or follower.

Saw lots of sunnies so I decided to switch over to a 1" pumpkin pepper Mister Twiser Nymph rigged weightless. That had redbreasts going crazy!

I'd cast the soft plastic and twitch it slowly right on the surface or just under the surface. Every time I casted, a redbreast would come shooting out of nowhere and then more would start following. Almost every cast I'd get a hit.

Landed a total of 6 redbreasts up to 6" and 1 dinky bluegill. The 6" redbreast darted to the surface and hit the nymph like a smaller bass or aggressive trout. That fish gave me a good pull.

Hit the road around 8pm.
dogfishhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good time Michael... I too had a good time catching bulegills and red breasteds a few days ago.

Killed a hour or so just dropping worms in the CT River and pulling in one after another. When they're the only game in town they can still be fun!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love catching bullgills and monster seeds at private lakes and small ponds that hardly get pressured. Those are the ones that give you a fight and hit a crankbait aggressively.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: