CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Hunting
Viewing Topic: Almost Sept. Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UrbanRedneck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Almost Sept. Reply with quote

Who's getting pumped about hunting season? Been out practicing with the bow? It is getting that time of year again. Let's wack'em and stack'em this year.
LMB, 21.5" @ 6.3 lbs. (Mounted)
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
Megaman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: hunting season Reply with quote

Choot'in my Mathews Monster at 50 yr bails...very tight groupings....I was tempted to take a doe at 20yds two weeks apo in Upstate NY..but decided not to....

Can anyone tell me how to register for a Field Day ASAP since they are ALL FILLED?? Mad Mad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try sesson woods on the DEEP website. My buddy was looking and couldn’t get it. I told him to call and they started another class. If you need a link, I can try and find it or try calling, 860 675 8130.

Good Luck!
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
Scott M

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

October 9th is one my favorite days of the year. Mojo spinning....woodies cupping....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-sighted my bow in today. Drilling two inch circles from 10,20 and 30 yards
UrbanRedneck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job. Where do you hunt? Private, public? If you feel like sharing any pics of what ya get, let me know or even some practice shots. Got a buddy of mine on the page shooting 50-55 yards with his Bowtech. I would love to put up some other CT hunters on my facebook page. Urban Rednecks Outdoors. Check out my page and give us a like. We just started the FB page and will do all things outdoors. With that being said, if anyone is interested in getting into some video of hunting or fishing, we can get together and get things done. If you are an Urban Redneck, then my page is for you. Share it up and let’s show other’s that we CT folk can get it done too. Thanks.

Happy Fall Y'all.

Urban Rednecks Outdoors!
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hunt on state land where its a lot tougher to have success with more people around. With that said, I have yet to get a deer yet. I have had many close calls but it seems like something always goes wrong. This year I am feeling very confident though. At the end of last season one of my family friends told me about a spot that I decided to check out. Saw lots of deer but couldn't get a shot. This year I did my homework and picked out a good spot on the property. I actually went back yesterday and did some last minute scouting. Saw 7 good sized does all within 50 yards of the stand. Can't get out until Friday morning but my fingers are crossed!
UrbanRedneck

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck man. If ya need any advice or want to know anything about huntin, I will do my best to help ya out. I noticed you’re from Berlin? I am one town over. Just putting that out there.

On my FB page, Urban Rednecks Outdoors Cool , I got some good footage of scouting with deer Very Happy . I have a bunch more to put up but it takes time to create and upload them and I have no time at the moment Sad Due to recovering from the NBPD Killing my Brother in-law 2 weeks ago Evil or Very Mad (much rage, family is a mess and no understanding coming to us Question ) sorry that came out Embarassed , but it has too I guess Twisted Evil . I should get a couple more video's up soon. Actually got a spot and stalk video of a decent buck from 3 weeks ago.

Good luck again and hope you wack a big one.
On a side note, I am also a NRA Basic Pistol Instructor if you are interested in your CT Permit to carry.
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup I'm from Berlin. I've been trying to find private land close to home but have come up with only one spot right next to the Berlin fair grounds so far. Its only 3 acres and I feel like I have a better chance at the spot I have on state land. I don't have my pistol permit right now but my best friends dad is also an instructor so I am planning on doing it with him. Thanks though! Good luck with your season and I will be sure to check out your page.
limeymotors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went out on state land today for a few hours didnt see anything but a lone dog. But it was nice to be in the woods -Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
I hunt on state land where its a lot tougher to have success with more people around. With that said, I have yet to get a deer yet. I have had many close calls but it seems like something always goes wrong. This year I am feeling very confident though. At the end of last season one of my family friends told me about a spot that I decided to check out. Saw lots of deer but couldn't get a shot. This year I did my homework and picked out a good spot on the property. I actually went back yesterday and did some last minute scouting. Saw 7 good sized does all within 50 yards of the stand. Can't get out until Friday morning but my fingers are crossed!

I've counted 20+ does in my back yard at one time, and watched one of the larger bucks paw and snort as he stares my dog down (shameful). Wish I could cull the heard. Neighbors probably wouldn't approve.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and when the deer aren't around, the turkeys invade. The little poults will all run up to you because another neighbor puts out feed. Then momma turkey gets pissed off.

Link

bowhunter095

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've counted 20+ does in my back yard at one time, and watched one of the larger bucks paw and snort as he stares my dog down (shameful). Wish I could cull the heard. Neighbors probably wouldn't approve.

SIGN ME A SLIP!!!!
UrbanRedneck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bowhunter095 wrote:
Quote:

SIGN ME A SLIP!!!!

Me too. Me too.

Nice chatting with you other hunter's. May everyone be safe and have a great season.
SMB, 20" @ 5.8 lbs.
T, 23" @ 4.3 lbs.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UrbanRedneck wrote:
bowhunter095 wrote:
Quote:

SIGN ME A SLIP!!!!

Me too. Me too.

Nice chatting with you other hunter's. May everyone be safe and have a great season.

No tree stand needed. Just a lawn chair Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Hunting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: