CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Conservation & DEP
Viewing Topic: Doesn anyone know where to purchase fingerlings in ct/ny?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flukeprodigy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Doesn anyone know where to purchase fingerlings in ct/ny? Reply with quote

We just had a nice pond dug on our property in catskill ny. It's about 200ft long by about 100ft wide and reaches depths to 30ft. I've always wanted my very own fishing hole and now the process of researching the stocking process is underway. I just am having a hard time find a place to purchase the fingerlings from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has stocked a pond before and has any tips or good resources for getting started, I'll take that too. Thanks for the help

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevnseat wrote:
Hey, What kind of fingerlings are you looking for? There is (or was) a trout hatchery just up the road from me in Egremont, MA. I don't think they handle bass or anything though.

Let me know and I'll look into it for you!

I know where eggremont is. We pass right through there on the way to our NY house. We are looking to stock bass, catfish, bluegills and probably fathead minnows as forage. Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sevnseat wrote:
OK don't laugh...

www.buybass.com

These guys are in northeast Penn... might be worth it for the one time effort, they have everything you're looking for! even pike... why not throw a couple toothy critters in there and shake things up a bit Laughing

NICE!@ that'd be awesome if they didn't eat everything else in the pond. Good lookin out on the link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Conservation & DEP All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: