CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Lakeville/Wononscopomuc Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gotthatBOOYAH

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Lakeville/Wononscopomuc Lake Reply with quote

hey first post, i live on lakeville lake...anyone ever have good luck bass fishing here?...i only get to go out on a pontoon boat but it gets me around, just wondering if anyone has any good info that could help me out
Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't personally have any experience there but you can learn a ton from a blog by a very experienced angler and writer for many fishing/outdoor magazines who fishes that lake very often. His blog posts are always informational and he posts about Lakeville often. The site is http://www.richz.com/fishing/blog/. Just type "Lakeville" in the search field and you'll see a ton of great reports and stories. Good luck!!
jimfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Lakeville Reply with quote

There is a long weed bar to right of the launch. Follow the weed line. There are also I think 4 humps. Might be hard to find this time of the year, because the weed cutter has done a job on them. If it is a cloudy day just stay shallow all around the lake. Best lures are the drop shot on the deep weed lines. On the shallow weeds throw a jig or a texas rigged creature bait. There are a couple of long weed bars with extended fingers that also produce. I hope you have a fish finder as it is a must on this lake. It has more off shore structure then any lake I've ever fished. When fishing the deep weed line the lake has some of the largest pickerel you will find anywhere. Not uncommon to get a few over 5lbs . My largest was a 7lb 10oz monster fishing with Rich Z last year.
It is 1 of the best bass lake in CT. There are many bass in the 2 1/2lb to 3 1/2 lbs range that pull like freight trains.
Good Luck

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are the boat and motor constrictions up there?
jimfish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rvolkers wrote:
what are the boat and motor constrictions up there?

10hp limit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JimFish, I recognize you from Rich Z's blog. I've been reading so many of his back posts and seen your photo so many times it's like you're a celebrity. You two really know how to catch fish. Very impressive reports on that blog and some equally impressive fish. I hope Rich's eye is healing well.
jimfish

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment but I'm far from being a celebrity. Very Happy
I consider myself a blue collar fisherman. I do most of my fishing out of a 12ft Jon boat. With a portable fishfinder..
And gotthatBOOYAH I hope some of this info helps you. Didn't Mean to hijack your 1st posting.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it definitely did...hijack all you'd like...i dont have a fish finder unfortunately...i wish i did...i use only a pontoon boat so it's pretty hard to stay in one spot
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if this lake has any Carp

I've fished Wononpakook Lake which is south of this one (locals call it Long Pond I believe) and it has produced the best fishing trips I've ever had. Wide variety of fish as well (Sunnys, pumpkins, LMB, Crappies.Yellows, Rock Bass.....)

Son and I have caught over 60 fish in 2 days one summer weekend.....it was just none stop, fish after fish....at one point I pulled in 5 fish on 5 casts. it was ridicules.

Last edited by ChaoSki on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimfish wrote:
Thanks for the compliment but I'm far from being a celebrity. Very Happy
I consider myself a blue collar fisherman. I do most of my fishing out of a 12ft Jon boat. With a portable fishfinder..
And gotthatBOOYAH I hope some of this info helps you. Didn't Mean to hijack your 1st posting.

Who you kidding Jim! At my current job you and Rich are the most praised and hated people I ever met! I stopped mentioning your names for fear of getting hugged or slugged. I even had a customer say he'd give anything to be a "Geezer In Training." I replied that everything has a price! Might as well profit from it. I even had a customer ask for an autograph from the GIT! So I signed his rod then gave him my discount!

All kidding aside, you will learn alot from Rich and Jim as I have. Jims not kidding about the pickerel in Lakeville. The main Office issues maps of the lake that will help out alot. "Fairly accurate but time and training will fine tune it." I've learned alot from both. Jim put me on my personal best LMB this year! Didn't weigh it but it was to big for a good selfie!

Fishing with Rich taught me how to catch these on fresh water bass tackle!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: