CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Lakes - Salisbury
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Twin Lakes - Salisbury Reply with quote

Been fishing Twin lakes about once a week for the last month. Been staying mostly in West and have been doing very well. My buddy and I boat about 20 fish on avg. Mostly LMB with a pickerel or red eye mixed in. He's been working on his drop shot and I've been throwing the crank bait and spinner bait. I'm much more the power fisher even though sometimes I know it's not the right approach I still have trouble going to my finesse rigs. I like to consider myself a bass fisherman. With that being said does anyone have any tips on the trout in East I would really like to land a big boy. Or any tips on the Twins in general? iThanks

Mac
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw some older fishermen trolling long trout rigs with lots of big spoons rigged to spin around their lines. They said that they troll at different depths until they find the trout.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I saw some older fishermen trolling long trout rigs with lots of big spoons rigged to spin around their lines. They said that they troll at different depths until they find the trout.

The ole "blades and bait!"That may have been one of my grandfather's buddies.They bounce back and forth between there and Lakeville lake.Homemade Davis spinners tipped with either worms or minnows.
Usually down between 15 & 25 feet.You may pick up a Kokane in East Twin.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
babycubcatcher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the trout, use a down rigger. Even a simple one will work, or a dipsy diver or jet diver (called the poor mans down rigger but it is very often the smart mans downrigger when they are on!).
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babycubcatcher wrote:
For the trout, use a down rigger. Even a simple one will work, or a dipsy diver or jet diver (called the poor mans down rigger but it is very often the smart mans downrigger when they are on!).

Don't forget about wire line and leadcore.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I'm hopefully heading out there Monday. I've only trolled a few times before and never had much luck. Before i get out there I will look into downrigging. I got a few big spoons ill ill tip with some minnows. Any line suggestions?
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Thanks guys, I'm hopefully heading out there Monday. I've only trolled a few times before and never had much luck. Before i get out there I will look into downrigging. I got a few big spoons ill ill tip with some minnows. Any line suggestions?

If you're trolling, I think that line visibility doesn't really matter. Like avidangler said, wire line and leadcore would work as well as anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop shot a 2-1/2 inch Gulp! Minnow. Start at the east shore and work your way out into deeper water until you get away from the sunnies and find the trout.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the advice guys. Ive been boating more trout. Now i just need to find the big ones.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
Thanks for all the advice guys. Ive been boating more trout. Now i just need to find the big ones.

What's been working for you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: