CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: I am thinking of getting the Shimano 300DSV with a G.loomis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: I am thinking of getting the Shimano 300DSV with a G.loomis Reply with quote

Mag Bass GL3 Casting 844C 7' Heavy. I definitely want the 300dsv cause I do do some inshore salt water fishing and I figured it would match up best with a heavy action rod. These will be presents for my bday/xmas coming up thats why I am splurging.

I will be using the rod for crank baits, spinner baits, jigs, top water plugs. do you think that is a good match up?

suggestions appreciated.

Justin
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be good for jigs, but lousy for crankbaits which really require a softer rod (medium action) to keep from tearing the treblehooks out of the fish's mouth! Same goes for topwater baits that have treble hooks,..

a medium-heavy is usually the best compromise and makes the best all-purpose bass rod!

This place has the best prices on reels that I've found:
http://stores.ebay.com/TACKLE-MANIA

Also,..I would choose a shimano crucial rod over a GL3 any day! Wink
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. I just went to Cabella's - again and I checked out the Kistsler Helium rods - oh man. I went out with Nick on Sunday and he mentioned that you have a Helium. Is it worth the money in your opinion?

Justin
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found kistler there justin? I asked and the associate I talked to QUICKLY responded that they didnt carry anything besides shimano/gloomis/etc (the cheaper brands- only found a few crucials and a few more rods up to $160)
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, They have alot of Kistler and also all models of G loomis, Shimano Crucial, Team Daiwa( including Steez)
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
Thanks Mark. I just went to Cabella's - again and I checked out the Kistsler Helium rods - oh man. I went out with Nick on Sunday and he mentioned that you have a Helium. Is it worth the money in your opinion?

I have several Helium LTA's and also a Loomis GLX. They have better sensitivity, but I cannot honestly say that they help to catch any more fish than my Crucials. However they ARE definitely lighter and nicer to fish with! So it's kind of like asking whether a Lexus is worth the money versus a Toyota. To some people,..the answer is yes it's worth the money and to others,..no it's not!

I would say that the weight advantage is a lot more noticable and important in longer heavier flipping & pitching rods! For stuff like a 6 1/2 or 7 foot MH "normal" bass rod,..I think I would go with a Crucial every time! Hope that gives you some kind of info that you can use! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: