CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Upper Moo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumpy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Upper Moo Reply with quote

Went to upper Moodus today with MarkO. got there around 9am fished untill 3 or so. starting water temp was around 48-49 deg. visibility around 3'. fishing was tough to say the least, Mark caught 3 with one being a solid 2.5lbs the one i caught just barely a keeper. fished shallow wood and deeper weed edges . at least the day wasnt a skunk wich could be the last trip of the season. and remind me not to fish shallow lakes with post frontal conditions
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpy, post fronts or not Moodus can be a tough place to fish at times. Good job sticking a couple, like you said at least you didn't catch the skunk.
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fished a shallow pond yesterday after a shitty tournament. I caught 16 pounds for 5 fish. Moodus is just a tough lake- do alot better on lower.

Shallow to me is less then 5fow.
ryan c

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres a open tourney on lower next sunday i'm goin to fish hope it heats up between now and then
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez stumpy,..why do you keep going back there?

Unfortunately, what used to be one of the better lakes in the state has turned into a toilet these last few years!
stumpy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
Geez stumpy,..why do you keep going back there?

Unfortunately, what used to be one of the better lakes in the state has turned into a toilet these last few years!

gluton for punishmnent. i was suppose to go to poco, but the guy that came along with me suggested there. i did good there up to the post spawn. i figured with the water temps dipping down they would be in a similiar pattern as in the spring. still some pretty green weeds there but really no pads. i really want to try the river before i pack it in with the boat this year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: