CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Decent Sunday on Zoar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigEd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Decent Sunday on Zoar Reply with quote

Weather was mostly overcast, water was calm and boat traffic was quiet. Even though it was near noon and thunderstorms were present to the north we decided to take the boat out for a ride and try a few new places I hadn't really fished before. All in all it was a decent day on Zoar considering the conditions and time. We boated 9 fish in the couple hours we were out, most in the 2lb range. I don't have any electronics on the boat just a simple depth finder without a graph so I feel it was a good day for fishing blind. Zoar was tough as usual and most fish were taken on a drop shot rig in 30-40 fow on noticeable drop-offs. The most productive area was on a free drift along the western shoreline on the southern part of the lake. Pumpkin /Pepper Jackall Flick Shake worms wacky rigged and dirt colored Strike King finesse worms nose hooked were both working for us. We also fished the cove where we saw schools of white perch on the surface and gathering under overhanging trees against the shore. My daughter was fishing a 1 1/2" lightning bug colored squirmin' squirt tube on an ultra-light and nabbing some of the larger perch. I told her to let it sink and jig the bottom thinking there may be some crappie or small bass nearby. When she did she would up catching the largest smallie of the day which was the only fish taken out of shallow water.

Lastly, as we were leaving the lake there is something weird looking bobbing up and down and rolling up against the shore. We went over to take a look and it was the head area of what would be a 14" white catfish that looked to have been bitten in half. Pike snack perhaps?
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Peco and I got it handed to us last Wednesday. Pike snack or fisherman cleaning his catch!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: