CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: B&B in Niantic 11-08-07
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassarama

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: B&B in Niantic 11-08-07 Reply with quote

Blackfish & Bluefish that is…

My buddy/mate's plan was to launch in Niantic just after 6 am, fish the bay for Shad until 7am and come back to the dock and buy green crabs. I'm easy so we did just that, John developed a technique of getting double header Shad on sabiki rigs so by the time I had my first lucky cast we had our limit of Shad in the Deathwell (John's line).

[/img]

First, we fished Blak Point only to find Shad stealing smaller Bluefish and no Bass. Sailed across to Bartlett 's Reef and poked around some old GPS marks just to find small Bluefish game. I should say that the air temperature was less than 32F degrees, so as you can imagine, all this cruising on a CC is very uhh……warmly pleasant! With that said, we decided to check out the Race, which by the way it was "only" 6 miles away!
Found nothing worth fighting the strong rips and the opposite direction stiff breeze so once again, it was time to move….amongst the 50 or so boats anchored on the West side of Fishers Island, we found a spot called "blackfish honey hole" we anchored, took a brake, eat and had a glass of 06 Cabernet for good luck.
Once the green crab juice got to the rocky bottom, the steady picking of very decent sized black fish started, we caught and released many fish and only kept estimated 4 lbs fish with our biggest estimated at 8 lbs.

One of my nicest togs

[img]

John also got a nice surprise; a good looking stripper (sp) nibbling on his crabs, whewwww! Shocked Shocked Laughing

[img]

On the way home we made another pass at the Race area, with water that looked like glass, both the ride and the drifts were very smooth. We dropped our diamond jigs in 150 ft of water and before the rigs hit bottom we were on BIG bluefish fighting galore, here's my personal best blue:

[img]

Many times we hooked up twice on each drift. Just two drifts before our arms fell off we called the day, coming back to Ct with great memories of sharing with a friend another awesome day on the water.

Sorry about the blurring guys...you'll understand Embarassed

Last edited by bassarama on Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
stripervitis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice report Joe. Yeah that was a good day, once that wind laid down the 42* actually was pleasant. Ready to go get some more.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going guys, Must have been the luck of "a glass of cabernet" Wink Laughing Cool Cool Wink ..ONE ?? Come on Fess up !! you couldn't have had that much "luck" with "one glass" LOLOL. and here i thought i had the only fishing boat with "Stemware" on board. Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
bassarama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Don, I hate to disappoint you but it was only one...............................at the time Laughing

Stemware all the way bud, any less will ruin it! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassarama wrote:
Well Don, I hate to disappoint you but it was only one...............................at the time Laughing

Stemware all the way bud, any less will ruin it! Wink

WOW !!!Am i glad you didn't say "Paper cups" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Crying or Very sad As i sit here with my "glass" of Pinot Gregio !! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: