CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Pine Lake 9/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Pine Lake 9/4 Reply with quote

At 6:15 i arrived at Pine lake.I went to the back section and immediately went to the clearing just before the point. I decided to try a new topwater that i picked up today.Since i lost my black/gold/orange Jr spook yesterday.I purchased a small black/chartuse/orange belly Gary Yamamoto pencil. I worked with it for about a half-hour without so much as a swirl.I'm not too fond of it's walking compared to a spook. I took it off and went back to the Jr spook that i colored black with a permanent marker.On the first cast a bass hit the spook/missed then came back and hooked itself.

I took a few more casts but,nothing.I then moved over to the point,made two casts and landed my second bass.

.At that point i thought "I'm sticking with spooks as my topwaters!" I took a few more casts from the point and had only one more swipe and miss.I moved back to the first spot,made about ten casts and then had a missed hit then SLURP!There went my spook and this one put up a good fight as it went left,right,left,right then into the weeds.I slowly pulled it through to see a fat pickrel.I weighed this one and it was just over 3 lbs.

. I took about twenty more casts with only one more swirl and miss. It was getting darker and again i moved to the point.On the fifth or sixth cast i hooked up with a larger bass in the dark.This time i had a light.This one was at 2.9 lbs. Hit the road at 8:00

Tomorrow I'm headed to Stratford again with gramps.Hopefully things will be better this trip.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pickerel!

I love getting into pickerel, esp during the spring and fall. Most aggressive member of the pike family pound for pound in North America.
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! .............That thing put up a nice fight.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Desroska

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice reports. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: