CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Candlewood Lake Reply with quote

Took the wife out for the first time on the boat today. We were on the water at 10:30am. Hit the usual spots, Danbury Bay. It was mostly a mini cruise and lunch at Down the Hatch. She loved the Lobster and Shrimp Combo Plate. What little time I had to fish I caught these all morning. The lake was great. "NO BOAT TRAFFIC."

Fish were taken on the inside weed lines that are starting to grow back. Ran into two friends that were up in the Sherman Arm who stated they hit schools of 4/5 pound smallies and had a banner morning using Drop Shots and Beaver Tails. I used the Paca Craw on a Black Blue Bitsy Bug 1/4oz Jig. I only took one photo. All of my catches were about the same size. Lost three at the boat with my wife on the net. Took her a minute or two to get the hang of it. LOL

So with that it looks like the Fall Bite is starting. Water Temps were 74degs and fished in 10/20 FOW.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish! Sounds like a great day. I love that lake.
BigEd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were on Candlewood Saturday with friends taking the kids skiing and tubing. Killed me not being able to fish! I kept thinking that with the evening temps dropping down as they have been things are going to turn on soon. Glad to hear the action was good.
I might have to take a vacation day or two in Sept/Oct to get out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: