CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Beardsley Park 9/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Beardsley Park 9/7 Reply with quote

After the slow bite Friday, I decided to check out upper Beardsley and Bunnells Pond Saturday. Arrived at upper Beardsley around 12:30pm to find water level down and no fish hanging out in the same areas I hit the last time I was there.

I tried throwing the glass minnow HJ-6 and a #0 Mepps Aglia Dressed but never got a follower. Seemed to me like most fish have started schooling up and heading down to Bunnells Pond.

Eventually ran into a school of yellow perch. Tried throwing a number of Rapalas that would usually catch yellows but they didn't get any attention. Didn't have any XR-4 or J-5 in brown trout pattern which might have been something to turn them on. 2 lures they did show interest in were a bubble gum pink Berkley Trout Worm and 1" hot pink tube. They would hit both lures but couldn't set the hook.

Winds then picked up which made me lose sight of the school.

Eventually made my way down to Bunnells Pond and hit many spots with no luck no matter what I threw.

Hit the road around 4:30pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: