CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: More slabs from Zoar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigEd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: More slabs from Zoar Reply with quote

I ran out of the house to squeeze in an hour or so of fishing last night just after 6pm. Water was dead calm, calmest I have seen all year, and there was no breeze at all. I started jigging from the docks with my daughter and within 10 mins. she pulls in her personal best crappie. What a beautifully colored fish. It came on a pink & chartreuse crappie magnet tipped with a chartreuse flake crappie nibble. Action was fairly constant and it seemed the bigger fish are coming around more than in previous weeks. Most of the fish were hitting the jigs very, very softly and all were taken no more than a foot or so from the bottom. The fish seemed to be looking for an almost still presentation, not much vertical movement and just a little rod quiver to get the bait tails working. We continued to do well up until the sun dropped just after 7pm and then it just shut off.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Thanks for the report. I've been thinking of keeping some crappie for dinner, although probably not from Zoar.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice pic. I would print that out at least 8x10 and put it on the living room wall if I were you.
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Sweet! Thanks for the report. I've been thinking of keeping some crappie for dinner, although probably not from Zoar.

I know of a tiny pond in litchfield that has ones around that size......and it's NOT Little pond! There's also bass,pickerel and perch there.Not a whole lot of shore access butI was informed that a small boat,kayak or canoe is fine.....NO MOTORS!

I'm talking around 8 acres tiny.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
x182dan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

Why not? The water is not that bad. Hell I'd rather eat one from Zoar than say bantam.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pic of your daughter with that pretty slab!
BigEd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went back tonight, same time, same jigs, same areas and only got a few small white perch. I then tried some different color jigs and covered everything from bright, natural and dark shades and still nothing.The past week has been very consistent. The hot weather definitely had an effect on them today. We did manage to pull about 8 smaller crappie out of 5' of water under a pontoon docked at the closest finger dock to shore. Oh well, that's fishing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: