CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks 9/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks 9/14 Reply with quote

Saturday I put in about 5 hours of fishing at Twin Brooks through the afternoon. When I got there winds were breezy with an occasional 12 to 15 mph gust.

Started off at the spot where I was getting lots of those bullgills and seeds last time. Conditions weren't right due to water flows from Boothe Hill Brooks being stronger than last time.

Played with a number of lures at that pond to see what fish were more interested in. Found the pattern to be something small with a rattle or distressed jointed and the colors were gold and brown.

Caught a dinky 2" bass with a gold blade Mepps Aglia Dressed #0.

Moved to another pond and worked a few spots. Caught a skinny 14" pickerel with a gold Jointed J-5 while doing a slow constant light twitching retrieve.

Had no luck at the main pond but yellow perch were following a silver shad Jointed Shad Rap JSR-4.

Once winds died and became light and variable, it was time for the evening topwater bite.

Topwaters I tried throwing included 1" black and white Hula Popper, chartreuse ghost X-Rap Popper XRP-7, fire shad Skitter Walk SW-8, custom made 2" firetiger woodchopper, and a 3" wooden brown colored Ozark Mountain Woodchopper.

Had 2 explosions and caught a 1 pound largemouth on the Ozark Woodchopper. Seemed like the pattern was wake bait, prop bait, or buzzbait due to how calm the water was.

Hit the road at 6:40pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: