CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: West Hill and Winchester Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay B

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: West Hill and Winchester Lake Reply with quote

Hit West Hill in the morning and Winchester in the afternoon. Landed to small largemouth on West Hill using a brown crazy leg chiggercraw. Was out there for about three hours. This was my first time on West Hill and I was not really impressed. Came home and dropped my wife and kid off and went back to Winchester after lunch. It was pretty windy out there and I clipped a tree while heading to my first stop. First time ever hitting timber with the boat. That lake is loaded with trees. Has anybody else ever clipped wood on this lake. Spent the next hour wondering what the bottom of the boat looked like. Never got a hit in three hours on the lake. That was the first time I got skunked on this body of water. Has anybody hit Bantam lately? I heard the fishing really dropped off there since they sprayed and was wondering if the bit has improved.[/img]
bowhunter095

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try fishing for trout on West Hill in the spring. I did it for the first time two years ago. You will be amazed at the amount of fish in that place.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stumps are getting harder to spot each year. I think that many of them are starting to break off near the bottom, so they're less visible at or above the surface than they used to be. In any case, I'd rather hit an 11-1/2 foot tall stump in 12 feet of water than a 2-1/2 foot tall rock in three feet of water. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost impossible to go to Winchester and not hit a stump. We clip at least 1 every trip out. As for fish there, that's the way that place goes. Sometimes you'll hit 20 or more in a few hours, other days it's all day with a big fat skunk. The biggin's in that place will keep you coming back though!
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clipped 3 yesterday at Windychester! Very Happy

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
x182dan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you dont hit a stump at windy then your not fishing teh place the right way Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: