CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Lieutenant/CT rivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avidangler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Lieutenant/CT rivers Reply with quote

I'm headed down to Old Lyme tonight to see what i can come up with.I will have an official report when i get back some point tomorrow.

Here now!
Arrived at 6:00.., it is now 6:20 & snagged 12 bunker in the lieutenant river below the RR bridge.Only a few are breaking but THICK SCHOOLS!
I will check in later.heading for deeper water now.

12:47 AM STILL HERE!!!!!! bunker all over CT river!!small harbor blues blitzing them ......lost 2 at the yak. The bunker was to big for them to swallow.I was live lining them.
I still hear the bunker breaking in the dark but,nothing chasing them..
My buddy wants to go out by Rocky neck tomorrow night......WHEW!!!!I'M gonna be tired after this weekend.Caught 6 blue crabs in less than an hour 4 were too small..10 Total.
Saw a bunch of long thin fish in the lieutenant.they looked like needle fish.
I will Finnish my report later!

It was 2:00AM When i got off the water and loaded up.Found bunker,saw blues blitzing them,saw TONS of bait over that way.Large mummies along the shore,small minnow's being chased by bunches of snappers,needle fish,grass shrimp and loads of blue crabs over that way.
Leaving around 4:00PM for 4 mile and the Rocky neck area.
I kept 3 bunker for tonight.
Oh yeah i almost forgot.I didn't buy eels but,did somehow manage to catch 3 somehow in my crab trap.I have those and am bringing them tonight as well.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
kurbowicz@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hit a school of bunker at the lt river bridge by the DEEP road last night. So many that when I cast my treble out I landed on top of a school and they all went nuts. It was bubbling. Ended up getting a couple4 dozen. Brought them over to saybrook point and got a few schoolies. Trying again tonight.
avidangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!!
Good to hear they were still there.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: