CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks 9/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks 9/17 Reply with quote

Tuesday afternoon I hit Twin Brooks. Winds were already below 10mph once I got there around 2:15pm and skies were mostly sunny.

Hit a number of spots at ponds other than the larger one with topwater and crankbaits but only set the hook once with the gold Jointed J-5 before losing the fish.

Eventually switched over to a weightless 3" Berkley Trout Worm to see if I could get into any edible bluegills, yellows, and crappie with bass also. Landed 1 yellow perch, 1 dinky bass, and a number of bluegills. All bluegills and the yellow weren't edible.

Once it was 5:30pm I hit a few spots at the larger pond. Started throwing the Berkley and had a few hits that were all bluegills. Once I got to the last stop at that pond, I landed a 14" 1 1/2 pound bass with the Berkley. Winds became calm by 6pm so I tried throwing a few topwaters at that spot.

Started with a vintage chrome blue prop bait but didn't get any swirls behind it or fish shooting out from weeds. Switched over to a perch Rebel Pop-R and found the retrieve. With water dead calm and there being a high pressure over the area, bass were looking for something small, slow, and quiet. I used the Pop-R as a wake bait with a slow walk-the-dog, which got 2 largemouths to set the hook but lost them right near me in the pads. Both bass carefully took the rear teaser tail when they hit instead of an explosion or aggressive slurp. Both were hanging out in shallower water near a tree limb.

Hit the road at 6:26pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: