CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bunnells Pond 9/15
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Bunnells Pond 9/15 Reply with quote

After getting home from surf fishing, I headed down to Bunnells Pond. Got there around 3:30pm.

Worked a number of areas and threw a variety of crankbaits and topwaters with no luck. Crankbaits were worked in the column from 1 to 6 feet near weeds and along drop offs. Colors varied from bright to pearlescent to natural. Never saw a crappie come up to the HJ-6.

Winds never died down later in the evening making the water conditions unfavorable for an evening topwater bite.

Hit the road just before 6pm
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wind was pretty bad for me as well yesterday.
It was more like the topwaters were surfing instead of sliding.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
clinteastwood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you surf fishing and for what? I have to get back out the ocean next year!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clinteastwood wrote:
Where are you surf fishing and for what? I have to get back out the ocean next year!

I ride my bike down to Seaside Park when nobody else is available for me to go out of town.

Depending on tide and time of year, I ride with my waders on and fish the sandbar at the Remington plant or ride with hip boots and fish from Fayerweather to Breezy Point.

I end up taking the bus home with my bike on the front rack due to elevation in the section I live in.

As for species, I enjoy fishing for bluefish the most but don't care what I end up catching. The bluefish bite has been dead since the second week of June, so I've been having light action fun with small fluke and aggressive sea robins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: