CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Kayak Fishing Tourney September 22nd? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Rain and strong winds?!?! This b'@!ch is mine!

You'll need to rip the first place trophy out of my pruny, wet hands! But yeah...I suspect a low turnout too.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have talked to some people and know at least 9 or 10 will be there rain or shine. I don't think this fishing group is wimpy and the weather is going to get better as the day goes on. When faces with adversity, when you overcome it, comes satisfaction.

BTW I am bringing my A game so I have one trophy with my name on it already.
Sorts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still plan on attending. Good luck everyone!
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm talking about Sorts, see you there.
CTDAMAGE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone just got up and took a look at the weather its not looking good for me. t storms from 7-8 is not safe for anyone. also rain from now untill 12pm. its to much rain for me its going to clear up once u guys are done at 1pm. so from 7-1 u guys are only getting 1 hr of no rain says waether.com >< this sucks so bad i was hoping to have some fun with u guys fishing and learning but i dont know about this one ill get back on at 6 and see what it says. my biggest problem is fear with the water.also im new to all this boating thing so i dont know if ill be ok on a raft. yesterday i was at black pond and it was raining on and off not that bad. this says its going to rain all day not on and off so i dont think ill be safe. i always Wear my PFD Laughing any ways ill check one more time at 6 and let u know if im going and what i think.
Butova

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍 Great time today! Can't wait for the next one!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was so much fun i cant wait for the next one i hope its near me lol. Great host great poeple. Overall GREAT event
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for having me! I guess i have to do the jig thing more often..i gave it a whirl at pine lake when i got home and i now have faith in it...3 med bass and 1 pickerel!
Too bad i didn't use them today at Rogers..But,hey...My scatter rap minnow got me an 18 1/4 anyways! Very Happy

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
JJay

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was another great event! Great to see familiar faces and new ones as well. Congrats to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners!

A special THANK YOU to Alan for organizing & coordinating the event!
Sorts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting this together Alan. I wish I could have made the earlier events, but I didn't have a Kayak of my own until I moved out of Hartford 2 months ago.

I also learned the importance of tying or taping the tournament marker to your ruler. My soldier went overboard with bass #1 and those plastics used for toys made in China don't float!
Mase2020

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my second tourney turned out great. Thanks to everyone who attended, I'm glad to see there are people who say they are going to do something and follow through and do it rain or shine. The fact that you all attended means a lot because of all the work I went through as well as planning on the food, didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of it.

So we started the day with a little rain just after launch time, then it cleared up and became nice. A field of 14 started and at the end 15 in all showed up at CTDAMGE arrived later. Fishing was good, even with the draw down which by one locals account is about 3 feet, although he said fishing was better when it was up.

In all 54 bass were caught with the lunker being 21", caught by Fish4Fun who won the $130.00 lunker pool and also took 1st place in the overall. He was nice enough to offer 1/2 the pot to me to cover some of the cost of hosting the event which was very nice. On top of the bass 25 pickerel were caught and they were some big ones along with lots of perch. Afterwards we enjoyed burgers and dogs along with great conversation.

1. Mark 84.5"
2. Joe B. 79.25"
3. Mike 65"
4. Kira 62"
5. Doug G. 51.5"
6. Alan 50.5"
7. Doug M. 50.25
8. Phil 28"
9.Rich 27.5
10. Matt 23.75
11. Randy 18.25"
12. Jay 11.5
13. Cameron 8
14. Rob. 0

All in all it was a great day and thanks to Phil and Jason and everyone else who lent a helping hand cooking and with the weigh in. Looking forward to doing more in the future.

mac636

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournament was well organized and I had a great time. Turned out to be a nice sunny day with perfect temps. Look forward to other tournaments in the future. CT Fishfinder site is pretty quiet these days, so I figured I'd sign on here.
Good time, Alan. Thanks
avidangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...look at that.my kayak is in all your pics! She's a celebrity! Very Happy

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:

She's a beauty! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
avidangler wrote:

She's a beauty! Very Happy

Thank you very much! I am proud to have her.
So that means.....NO pimping her out for a "ride" Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: