CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Day 1 in Dennisport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Day 1 in Dennisport Reply with quote

Hey all, currently at my mom's cottage hearing the waves crashing ashore in Dennisport.

High tide today was 2:10pm and fished twice from a few jetties. Water was choppy with gusty 10 to 20 mph east winds. Some areas had deep water and others had a flatter, more gradual drop off.

First time was the last hour of incoming and first hour of outgoing. Lures I played around with included flake ayu Max Rap MXR-13, pearl grey shiner Flat Rap FLR-16, bunker X-Rap Jointed Shad XJS-13, silver shad Jointed Shallow Shad Rap JSSR-7, glass ghost Clackin Minnow CNM-11, blue mackerel Saltwater X-Rap SXR-12, mullet Saltwater Rattlin Rapala SRNR-8, and purple gold Clackin Rap CNR-8.

Never had any hits the first time.

Second time I got back out there around 4:30pm and fished for about an hour and a half. Lures I threw included flake purple ghost Max Rap MXR-15, glass ghost X-Rap Shad Shallow XRSH-8, mullet SRNR-8, chrome spotted minnow Max Rap MXR-17, green mullet Long Cast Minnow LC-12, and silver shad JSSR-7.

Caught 2 nice sized 10" snappers with the MXR-15 and had numerous hits by snappers on that lure and the XRSH-8.

While I was fishing the first time I kept seeing birds following schools farther out. Couldn't see if they were fish blitzing or just bait, but did think they were probably blues or albies chasing bait.

Sunday is supposed to be rainy but I'll keep an eye on the radar and forecast. Plan on renting a bicycle for Sunday through Tuesday.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been some albies moving in up there. I'd keep a Deadly Dick or Kastmaster type lure handy to reach out a bit further. Enjoy the fishing!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
Been some albies moving in up there. I'd keep a Deadly Dick or Kastmaster type lure handy to reach out a bit further. Enjoy the fishing!

Seeing the birds kept moving towards the west with the school, would that mean blues or albies? I'm used to seeing blues staying in 1 area during a blitz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: