CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Upper Naughy river 9-21-13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Upper Naughy river 9-21-13 Reply with quote

Here is a pic from this morning before it started raining... Enjoy Smile you already know...
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fush man!!!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at that same pool on Friday.i saw 5-6 where you are at the bottom of that pool.

The top of it in the white water there were8-10 in the 4-6 lb range.
did you see that those bigger ones with orange and yellow spinners in their backs??
Some fishermen are just unsportsmen A-holes....trying to snag them.

Way to go!glad to see you LEGALLY caught yours.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Genesis2245

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was down there myself on Sat. No luck for me though I did see a few nice ones, Including the large one with an orange and white spoon in his back. Just before I was about to leave a couple guys showed up with heavy spin outfits. I proceeded to watch them go to where the rapids meet the large pool and start trying to snag right in front of 5 random people.
At this point I had enough and and headed up to my car. Then all of the sudden I found DEEP on the other end of my phone(dunno how that happened). I mention this little scenario going on and they told me a filed officer would contact me soon. I waited around for about 20 min for a call before finally leaving. About 20 min down the road on my way home the officer Finally called me.
He asked me if I was still there which I was not but I was able to give a very detailed description of both parties. He said he would look into it.
Then to my surprise about an hour later I got another call from the officer. He informed me that he caught both partied in the act of attempting to snag and then actually caught one of them actually get a fish by doing so. They were both charged and the fish was safely let back into the water. I was really happy that he called me back to let me know the results.
I am sure that no one on these forums would do this but if the person that did do this reads this forum just know that I am glad you got caught and will make that call every time I see someone in the act of poaching.
So needless to say I did not catch any fish that day but catching 2 poachers was a much better catch in my opinion.
avidangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm SOoooooo HAPPY! I'm glad they caught those poachers.I wrote a letter to them on Friday and they got back to me on Saturday,which surprised me.I figured since it was the weekend i would hear back until Monday or Tuesday.
They asked me if i could discribe anyone.Unfortunately i only noticed fish that had lures in their backs and didn't actually SEE anyone.
I hope they throw the book at those guy's and everyone that snags them.
Take their license privileges for 5 years ...take their fishing poles and equipment ....impound their vehicles .....and fine them the MAXIM PENALTIES.

I may not always catch them when i go but,when i do....it's a blast to battle them on a fly rod or light spin tackle.

I'm proud of you Genesis 2245!

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Genesis2245

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do kn ow that one of the guys that got nailed had 5 priors to this for different types of poaching so all I can say is they need to do more.
avidangler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you do your part and i do my part.....they have 2 more unofficial rangers on the lookout!

snap fisher777

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ya'll i seen the cop up there. And the one kid and one older guy ripping them... I plan on going upstate this weekend...
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fish AF. Good job on getting those guys snagged Genesis! I hope they confiscated gear as well as giving them a ticket. They should have their ability to get a license revoked, permanently for multiple offenses, but unfortunately that won't deter a-holes like that.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see the fish with the hooks in them. Its crazy. not quite like upstate ny but was funny to see it in ct. I was trying to go upstate for the week but got to go to court tues so that puts a damper on my trip. We'll see and im sure if i go you will see too. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: