CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater Day 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Topwater Day 3 Reply with quote

Got home this afternoon from the Cape. Day 3 had more activity going on.

Monday I went back to the Swan River an hour or 2 before high tide and kept fishing til sunset.

As the tide was coming in, I had a hit on a pearl grey shiner Flat Rap FLR-16 and saw the striper come up before going back down. Other lures I threw included flake purple ghost Max Rap MXR-15, chrome spotted minnow MXR-17, silver shad Jointed Shallow Shad Rap JSSR-7, purpledecent FLR-16, green mullet Long Cast Minnow LC-12, and green chrome orange Jointed Minnow Stick JMS-14.

Occasionally I'd see snappers jumping out of the water along marshy weeds so I threw a mullet Saltwater Skitter Pop SSP-12 out there. First cast and I had 2 big swipes before the fish grabbed the lure. Set the hook and it was pulling before going into the current and losing the fish. Felt like it was a keeper.

Kept throwing the SSP-12 and had a few other swirls and explosions resulting in 2 schoolies up to 21".

The only time I was having issues with knots was when the breeze picked up in the later afternoon. When I got there the wind was mostly calm. And what had to happen was getting many knots when fish were active.
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear you had some action from some bigger fish over there.Seems like whenever its time to end a vacation....things start getting better.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: