CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: finally got out today...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chud059

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: finally got out today... Reply with quote

...after a hot summer and our restaurant being remodeled for the last 6 weeks, I was finally able to get out today and enjoy this beautiful day off! I went to Valley Falls for about an hour, used a phoebe and a fire tiger rapala, no luck but saw lots of small bass (6-10 inches) attacking smaller bluegills and hitting top water bugs.. I tried a stick bait also for top water but no luck...

went to upper and middle bolton lakes after that, since it's right around the corner... same thing lots of jumping fish, used a frog/skirt on upper bolton since it's covered with lily pads but no luck...then spent about another half hour near the boat launch across the street at middle bolton.... I really don't like fishing there because I always seem to get snagged on rocks but at least I didn't lose any lures... same thing, some rapala's and top water frog but no action, but still lots of fish hangin' around.

I thought I'd take a ride down to the boat launch at lower bolton, not sure if I was allowed to walk on the part with the rocks but it was way to windy to even fish from the shore there so I left.

I was going to stop at bolton notch pond but that place is disgustingly shallow and a couple of years ago had a fish kill and the access road is such a bitch to get to and leave from I chose not to. So, over all, got about 3 hours of fishing in but didn't catch anything... it was really nice to just get out though.

That's all I got.... hope you all had better days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: