CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Kayak Fishing Tourney September 22nd? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite the Tupperware Navy! Looks like a good time was had by all. Very Happy
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for another fun, well-executed event, Alan! And thanks to all participants for not wussing out due to the forecast.

This is my PB 6 lb, 2 oz pickerel from Rogers:

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
Thanks again for another fun, well-executed event, Alan! And thanks to all participants for not wussing out due to the forecast.

This is my PB 6 lb, 2 oz pickerel from Rogers:

WOW! Congratulations of that trophy pickerel Kira.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:

WOW! Congratulations of that trophy pickerel Kira.

Thanks Randy. I didn't realize at the time that a trophy pickerel is only 5 lbs and 27". Probably the easiest trophy to get after channel cat (4lbs) and carp (20lbs).

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very big thanks to Alan for setting this up! I have fished my share of tournies and this was probably the nicest, best run and most enjoyable ones that I have ever participated in!

A couple of people have asked me privately about what I caught my fish on,..so I will just post the details here:
I caught all my fish (all that counted anyway...) on a black 1-ounce jig that day! I use twin trailers on it, a Paca Chunk underneath (for it's swimming action and then a regular chunk on top to bulk it up. I always spray the whole thing with Yum craw-flavored scent. With that much rubber and scent,..I find that bass really hold onto it for quite a while! Wink

I fished it two ways:
1) Tossing it to the bottom and very gently wiggling it around the outside weedline which was 12-13 FOW on Rogers. I concentrated on places that had a dropoff around that kind of depth!
2) I also cast it out and burned it back, over shallow flats where there was just a foot or two between the surface and the weeds. This is tiring with a 1 ounce jig,..so I don't spend a lot of time doing it. I just give a few casts as I'm passing by those kind of areas,...but I did pick up two of my fish that way! Cool
DCAJ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great tournament, wish I could have attended.
Maybe next one.

Just4Fun - thanks for the info on how you caught those fish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: