CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: What to expect as it gets colder?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RF813

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: What to expect as it gets colder? Reply with quote

First full year fishing, and now that we're starting to catch Bass pretty consistently, I'm wondering what to expect as it gets colder? How much does it slow down? I don't expect to go out much into November, so I'm just wondering what to look for in the next month or so...

We fish from shore, in small lakes around Danbury CT.

Thanks!
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish are becoming more aggressive and feeding in preparation for winter. Weeds are starting to die off. Spinner baits and shallow running crank baits are working well right now. Swim Jigs in 1/4oz in Brown and Green Pumpkin have been producing well for me. Texas Rigged Senkos over weeds have also been producing.

Bobs Stores in CT are going out of business. 40/50% off on all fishing tackle. Milford is pretty much cleaned out. I'd try Waterbury.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know about Bobs, thanks!!
CatDaddy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob's???

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CatDaddy wrote:
Bob's???

Bobs! Was at the one in Milford Monday. There's an appreciation letter to their customers in the windows. They were carrying Gary Yamamoto Senkos and Strike King products. Not much left for rods but still had a lot of quality hooks left.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fish have most definetly been more active at least where I fish. Have had a ton of success using the Spro bronze eye popper over the past few weeks. If you do not own this frog go out and get it! I must admit it is a little difficult to get use to setting the hook with it but I have honestly never used something that yields so many large hits in such a short amount of time. I'll post some pics. This week![/img]
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's SPORTS AUTHORITY! I admit I', and idiot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: