CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Topwater 10/3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Topwater 10/3 Reply with quote

Hit Bunnells Pond Thursday afternoon after having no luck along the Pequonnock in the upper section of Beardsley Park.

Hit my usual spots and tried throwing a number of crankbaits and jerkbaits with no luck. Once I switched over to topwater I was getting action.

First cast out with a perch Rebel Pop-R resulted in a bass that I lost on the jump.

Switched over to a chartreuse ghost X-Rap Popper XRP-7 that I eventually got snagged in brush.

Next lure was a frog Baby Torpedo which resulted in landing 2 bass, losing 1 on the jump, and seeing a few big swirls behind it on the retrieve. Biggest bass was a chunky 12.5" 1 pound 4 ounce fish. The other was a 2" bass that took the entire rear treble in its mouth.

I had a seagull and a kingfisher look at the Baby Torpedo and saw a few kingfishers flying around as if the fall bite is starting to heat up and they're getting ready to head south.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: