CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Pequonnock 9/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Pequonnock 9/29 Reply with quote

After fishing the funeral home, I decided to head down to the Pequonnock instead of going to Twin Brooks.

After eating something at Duchess I arrived at the Wonderland of Ice around 5:30pm.

I hit my usual spots and lure was a yellow perch Husky Jerk HJ-6, which resulted in 3 nice redbreasts and a 14" pickerel. All fish were caught by constantly jerking the lure while going with the flow.

Tried tossing the HJ-6 at the Wonderland of Ice side of Bunnells Pond but no luck.

Next was Glenwood Park. Saw bait swimming around but no fish were chasing them. Tried throwing a glass minnow HJ-6 but nada.

North Ave bridge was the next stop, which resulted in 3 schoolies up to 14" and lost 1.

Seeing it was getting closer to sunset, I decided to head back over to Glenwood Park once the bite shut down at North Ave. The schoolies never made it up there where there was bait.

Hit the road around 6:45pm
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the temp drop and the water cools,hopefully things will pick up for you.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
BigEd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keeping an eye open for the fall trout stocking in the Pequonnock. Hopefully they will dump some fish in there again this year.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went back to Glenwood and North Ave today.

Caught a nice 11" crappie underneath North Ave and landed a redbreast, bluegill, and yellow perch at Glenwood. All were on the usual glass minnow HJ-6.

Saw a few bass lurking around near the bait at Glenwood but they wouldn't hit. Also saw 2 fish traveling together occasionally coming out of the tunnel. They looked like shad or herring and were approx 10 to 14" long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: