CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks 10/5 Topwater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks 10/5 Topwater Reply with quote

Hit Twin Brooks Saturday afternoon starting around 1:15pm. All ponds were mostly calm on the surface and weeds have started dying. Setup was a 6' medium power Field & Stream Insomnia/Penn Fierce 3000/Sufix 8 pound ProMix.

I started at the upper pond by throwing a perch Rebel Pop-R and frog Heddon Baby Torpedo. Had 2 hits on the rear of the Baby Torpedo by what were either bluegills, small bass, or curious bass.

Made my way over to the next pond with no luck.

Next was the main pond. Also tried playing with a silver shad Jointed Shad Rap JSR-4 which had a few yellows and bluegills follow. Did catch a chunky 11" 1 pound bass with the Baby Torpedo.

Last was my usual spots at the larger pond. Caught a cookie cutter with the JSR-4 and caught 2 more of those short but chunky 1 to 2 pound bass with the Baby Torpedo. One bass came from my late fall hot spot aka November hot spot.

Hit the road around 6:30pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: