CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Places to fish request.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavynb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Places to fish request. Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm from Chattanooga Tn, and I'm visiting a friend who lives in Simsbury CT in a week. My friend never fishes and I obviously don't know of any spots around the simsbury area. Any places or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Gavyn.
Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from closer to the NW corner of the state so unless you're willing to drive a hour or so, I don't really have any suggestions. Are you asking about shore fishing or from a boat? How far are you willing to drive?
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get in some great trout fishing on the West Farmington. It's only about 30 minutes away. Parts are fly only, other sections open to spinning gear. Check the CT DEEP for regs, and just Google for info. If you decide to fish it, stop by Up Country http://www.farmingtonriver.com/ for info and tips. Another 30 minutes can put you up in the NW on several lakes or the Upper Housatonic River.

Tight Lines
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Gavynb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!! We will have spinning gear. I'm not going to haul all my gear from TN. haha but as far as a boat goes we will have kayaks. Again, thanks!
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a kayak, check out Lake Basile. It's just to the west of Simsbury Airport. Zoom Horny Toads and Senkos are a blast there. You'd have to hike down a bike path 1/4 mile from the parking area at the end of Lordship Road, but you'd probably have a blast. Monster largemouths are rare, but I've pulled dozens of smaller ones (i.e., under three pounds) out of there, more than four dozen on some days. And the one I saw that was over three pounds weighed five pounds, nine ounces Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome fish man! I'll have to check that lake out. Is it just a public lake? That area around you in the picture looks perfect for a frog.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavynb wrote:
Awesome fish man! I'll have to check that lake out. Is it just a public lake? That area around you in the picture looks perfect for a frog.

It's surrounded by private land, but there's public access from the earthen dam on the south end of the lake by the spillway and new sand beach.

BTW, I wasn't the one who was lucky enough to have that monster largemouth hit my topwater frog. Confused That's my buddy mep21 (aka Mark). Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was wondering when you'd put you thoughts in Phil.Since you would have a better idea of that area.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: