CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: SKUNK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: SKUNK Reply with quote

Now that high tides are after sunset and just after sunrise, I decided to hit Twin Brooks Park Sunday. Arrived around 3:15pm.

With the time I had I decided to fish the main pond and the larger pond mostly.

I made my way around the main pond first. Water levels were very low. Tried throwing a variety of lures. Was surprised to not see any bass or yellow perch follow the silver shad Jointed Shad Rap JSR-4 in deeper areas near weeds. The only lure that had a few fish slowly follow was a custom painted red tiger Jointed J-7 as I did a slow retrieve with constant twitching under the surface, making the lure do a lot of distressed baitfish kicking. Didn't have any swirls or light taps on a frog Baby Torpedo.

Later I made it over to the usual spots at the larger pond. Played with the JSR-4 in some deeper areas but never had a hit or followers. Did a slow steady retrieve with the Baby Torpedo in my usual topwater spots but only had `1 small tap. Threw a perch Rebel Pop-R in the November hot spot and one of the topwater areas resulting in what seemed to be a pickerel hit the lure twice on back to back retrieves in my November hot spot.

Hit the road just after 6pm
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: SKUNK Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
Now that high tides are after sunset and just after sunrise, I decided to hit Twin Brooks Park Sunday. Arrived around 3:15pm.

With the time I had I decided to fish the main pond and the larger pond mostly.

I made my way around the main pond first. Water levels were very low. Tried throwing a variety of lures. Was surprised to not see any bass or yellow perch follow the silver shad Jointed Shad Rap JSR-4 in deeper areas near weeds. The only lure that had a few fish slowly follow was a custom painted red tiger Jointed J-7 as I did a slow retrieve with constant twitching under the surface, making the lure do a lot of distressed baitfish kicking. Didn't have any swirls or light taps on a frog Baby Torpedo.

Later I made it over to the usual spots at the larger pond. Played with the JSR-4 in some deeper areas but never had a hit or followers. Did a slow steady retrieve with the Baby Torpedo in my usual topwater spots but only had `1 small tap. Threw a perch Rebel Pop-R in the November hot spot and one of the topwater areas resulting in what seemed to be a pickerel hit the lure twice on back to back retrieves in my November hot spot.

Hit the road just after 6pm

Hey Michael, side note here, but have you used Rapala's scatter series at all?

One of my offices is down the street from Cabela's so I often venture there for lunch and browse quickly as well ( Laughing ), and I noticed a stand alone rack of them. I know you use Rapala's a good amount and was curious of your opinion. I use Shad Raps and Husky Jerks a good amount so I was curious to see how these are. Belows a link to them

http://usa.rapala.com/scatter-rap/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used them with much success.Countdown has caught me trout and bass ..minnow has caught me pickerel,bass,perch,walleye,sunfish,rock bass and a couple small pike.......shad rap a few bass.......crank has yet to produce but,i rarely use it.I mainly use the minnow in firetiger,gold alburnus and bleak..

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me fishing from shore most of the time I don't use the new Scatter Rap series.

But as Avidangler said, the lures produce like crazy! The best would be the Scatter Rap Minnow in Gold Alburnus.
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal. I fish mostly from my little jon boat or kayak so I'll have to give it a try, seems like it would work great reeling away from the shore. I'll eventually pick up a countdown and minnow style.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can now add salmon to the list for the countdown model.

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: