CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood 10/20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Candlewood 10/20 Reply with quote

Hit the water at 7am. Can't say the fishing was tough just smart! Water clarity was much better. Water temps 58 to 62 degs. Some spots of neon green but scarce. Fished from New Milford to Danbury.

Started in New Milford at the end. My non-boater picked a 1.5 pounder in about 30 FOW right off the start on a 2.5 Kietech Black Shad with a 1/2oz jig head on the bottom. Didn't get another hit until I entered Danbury Bay and caught a 1.6 pounder on a 1/4oz Black and Blue Jig in 20FOW on a steep drop off. Those were the only two we caught all day. Four other boats wound up empty. Everyone used Spinner baits, Jigs, Umbrella Rigs, Jigs ect. Crank Baits were the only thing that produced numbers.

"BUT"

Two boats hit 4/5 Fish with weight bags of 11+ Pounds. They used Square Bill Crank Baits in a natural craw color. All their fish were caught in +- 15 FOW. Small and Large Mouths.

The bites were sparse with a few lost at the boat but the fish were looking for the Crank Baits today.

The fish aren't in deep bays. They're staged along long deep drops near chunk rock with weeds. Spotted schools of all size fish all day on the 798 HDci. Just couldn't get them to come up after last nights weather front.

"""""ALL THE HAZORD BOUYS HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM CANDY"""" Be careful. On the way home I drove over Zoar. The water level is so "LOW" the section under Rte84 is a "MUD PIT"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: