CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fly Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Campville 10/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishville

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Campville 10/21 Reply with quote

I figured I would try for my annual Naugy skunking today. And i can report that I succeeded in not hooking anything. It is the usual lotsa rises, some noisy splashes, and no fish. I don't know why I fish it. It is one of those rivers I have no confidence in. So a bad day of fishing turned into a hike in waders. I figured I was most of the way there so I might as well get a few pics of the old Rt. 8

And the old Castle bridge.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice...you hiked down into the backside of Thomaston Dam I see. Used to pheasant hunt down there a lot. Gotten several nice trout down there in the past, but many a skunked day here as well.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see pics of what Route 8 looked like back in the day
avidangler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Campville 10/21 Reply with quote

fishville wrote:
I figured I would try for my annual Naugy skunking today. And i can report that I succeeded in not hooking anything. It is the usual lotsa rises, some noisy splashes, and no fish. I don't know why I fish it. It is one of those rivers I have no confidence in. So a bad day of fishing turned into a hike in waders. I figured I was most of the way there so I might as well get a few pics of the old Rt. 8

And the old Castle bridge.

7 Words..........Wrong direction try fishing "Turtle Rock Pool"

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
fishville

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I started there. I worked my way down hoping some fish got forced down because of fishing pressure. I'm assuming Turtle Rock is the last deep pool before the Power lines.
avidangler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about a half mile up river from route 8.and about a quarter mile down river from 118.

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
fishville

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avidangler wrote:
It's about a half mile up river from route 8.and about a quarter mile down river from 118.
. I thought they stopped stocking that section. If it is the pool I'm thinking it is just down from where Spruce Brook comes in. I know the salmon used to be stacked in there. Anyone I ever took there hooked up. I never did. Closest I ever got was standing waist deep in the pool I look down at what I hoped was a rock.
I say to my self "No way is that a fish."
So I tap it with my toe and it swam away.
avidangler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the section and pool.That pool below Spruce brook with the big rock is turtle rock (on some maps they even say it) They still stock that section.As far as i know they stopped stocking the state forest area in the beacon falls area in the lower section along 8.
I'll PM you with some more specific info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fly Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: